Removable Snake Charcoal / Log Basket -fully custom made in South Australia
Removable Snake - Charcoal/Log Basket - fully custom made in South Australia
Once the snake is in, this basket will provide a longer burn time for your offset smoker of at least 3-4 hours. The duration increase will vary based on different environmental factors, so feel free to send us some feedback on how long you can get the snake to burn!
The traditional American way of smoking, “Low ‘n’ Slow”, can be hard to achieve if your smoker goes out too early. With the basket in place, your coal will be more tightly to keep your logs burning longer.
- length 380 mm
- Width 300 mm
- Height 145 mm
Directions for Use:
- The snake is designed to run your smoker at 225-250f for a 3-4-hr period minimum and will take some practice using wood chunks for smoke.
- Before cooking any food you must burn off all the nasties, simply just do a trial run 3-4 hrs with no meat in the smoker.
- Fill your basket with unlit charcoal 3/4 of the way to the top, leaving room at the start to pour in 3/4-1 full chimney worth of lump charcoal (depending what lump you are running and how hot it burns).
- Start with all vents open and just before you reach the target temp, then set your upper and lower vents to 1/4. Close off your chimney stack to 1/4 to maintain the heat.
- keep an eye on your smoker temperature and adjust vents for more or less heat (more oxygen will be more heat and quicker burn time).
Purchased charcoal basket and snake a few weeks after receiving my smoker. It made a massive difference. Average 4-6 hour burn. Used it to smoke a brisket. 13 hours. Glad I had it! Quality gear from a quality Aussie business who really understands customer service. Cheers
Great it will burn for as long you want it to
Unreal bit of kit must have for all offsets...fits perfectly in the OHJ
Amazing service yet again, from the Weller boys! I’m yet to use my new skillets, but the charcoal basket and snake works a treat! I get about 3-4 hours of stable burn time using the snake and Heat Bead briquettes, and if using iron bark it helps to burn up all the wood and maintain a good coal base so you’re not surrendering small coal chunks to the ash tray too early.
I didn't have this initially in my wildfire smoker, but now I do, Its in every cook. Helps contain the coal base even with the removable section taken out.